Sandy Mundlien of Kennebec was elected at the spring meeting of the Lyman Raider Booster Club to lead the organization for the 2012-13 school year. Other new officers include Tammy Cole, vice-president; Kimm Schweitzer, Secretary; Kathy Houchin, treasurer; and Travis and Penni Almond, the apparel team.
The club was established several years ago to raise awareness and support for the Lyman Raider athletic teams and other extra curricular organizations and activities Funds raised through the sale of Raider apparel, raffles, tailgate suppers, or other events help provide uniforms, shirts, equipment, travel, team camps or whatever the Lyman coaches feel would benefit the students.
A recent Booster Club newsletter assembled by Mundlien details the many activities and fund raisers the group held throughout the past school year, including;
•Sold Homecoming corsages,
•Provided water for volleyball away games,
•Gave prizes to the Fan of the Game,
•Operated the concession stand at all JV/MS football home games and track meets,
•Provided gas for the fan bus to the Region Volleyball game,
•Held a Homecoming dance for high school students,
•Decorated students’ lockers for all the various sports,
•Helped with expenses for 23 students to attend State Student Council Convention,
•Provided prizes for the after prom party,
•Served the end-of -the-year Lyman Awards banquet,
According to Sandy, she looks forward to another busy and successful school year next fall.
"We’re looking at hosting a couple of new fundraisers, something different next year," said Sandy.
Anyone interested in supporting Lyman students can become a Booster Club member. There are no membership fees or dues.
"We encourage parents with kids at all age levels, not just high school to get involved," said Sandy.
The club will kick off a new school year with a Back to School Picnic in the Park in August.
- Annual event draws crowd to Presho gym
- Presho, Kennebec to hold city elections
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday
- Lyman plays Whiter River tonight at Dist. 13B
- Lyman to host Dist. 13B Girls Tournament
- RACD performers present 21st dinner/theater
- Two Lyman grads inducted
- Reliance Zoning Commission recommends change in designation
- Transmission project being reviewed
- City and town board nominating petitons available
- Ice Fishing for fun and prizes