Posted by Nicole
SIOUX FALLS - June 30, 2006 - Rod Bowar, Kennebec, has been re-elected to serve a one-year term on the SDN Communications Board of Directors. Bowar is the owner of the Kennebec Telephone Company.
Bowar was elected at SDN’s June annual meeting in Sioux Falls by South Dakota’s independent telephone company managers. These 27 telephone companies, including the Kennebec Telephone Company, collectively own SDN and elect a board of directors each year to steer the company. SDN and its member companies have 14,000 miles of fiber optics in the state, making up South Dakota’s Information Superhighway. Member companies use SDN as a hub for long distance, Internet, and digital television. The Sioux Falls based company also provides business customers with: -Connectivity for voice, data, and video messages-Dedicated, high-speed Internet services
-Computer and networking equipment-Technology consulting -Cabling
SDN Communications has become the region’s most extensive network, serving banks, health care facilities, agricultural businesses, schools, government agencies and other businesses with multiple locations. Many single location businesses also use SDN for high-speed Internet access.Bowar joins eight others on the board.
- Lyman Grads proclaim their accomplishment
- Teachers receive raise
- Prairie Futures program guides nontraditional students to nursing degree
- Highway Patrol to Conduct “Move Over” Campaign Friday
- Burglar hits county
- Deadline to file for school board is Friday
- May Day Flowers
- Herald and SUN recognized at Association Convention
- Murder suspect sited in Lyman County, apprehended in Wyoming
- Forum introduces Republican candidates for commission
- Foundation awards $22,000 in 2016.
- 29th annual Band Dinners