Posted by Nicole
SIOUX FALLS - June 30, 2006 - Rod Bowar, Kennebec, has been re-elected to serve a one-year term on the SDN Communications Board of Directors. Bowar is the owner of the Kennebec Telephone Company.
Bowar was elected at SDN’s June annual meeting in Sioux Falls by South Dakota’s independent telephone company managers. These 27 telephone companies, including the Kennebec Telephone Company, collectively own SDN and elect a board of directors each year to steer the company. SDN and its member companies have 14,000 miles of fiber optics in the state, making up South Dakota’s Information Superhighway. Member companies use SDN as a hub for long distance, Internet, and digital television. The Sioux Falls based company also provides business customers with: -Connectivity for voice, data, and video messages-Dedicated, high-speed Internet services
-Computer and networking equipment-Technology consulting -Cabling
SDN Communications has become the region’s most extensive network, serving banks, health care facilities, agricultural businesses, schools, government agencies and other businesses with multiple locations. Many single location businesses also use SDN for high-speed Internet access.Bowar joins eight others on the board.
- Lyman County Pheasants Forever Chapter holds banquet
- Hunters average two birds in Lyman Co. during opener
- National Fire Prevention Week, October 9-15
- Hoops for Coop
- Lyman Celebrates Homecoming
- Fall Harvest Underway
- LHS to crown King & Queen Monday, Sept. 26
- Lyman PF Chapter plans Banquet
- Kennebec hosts Rodeo for Cowboys and Cowgirls, age 4 to 18
- GLF Update: "The Miller Challenge"
- Pheasant survey indicates Lyman County routes among highest in state
- Court rules on County State’s election