Posted by Nicole
SIOUX FALLS - June 30, 2006 - Rod Bowar, Kennebec, has been re-elected to serve a one-year term on the SDN Communications Board of Directors. Bowar is the owner of the Kennebec Telephone Company.
Bowar was elected at SDN’s June annual meeting in Sioux Falls by South Dakota’s independent telephone company managers. These 27 telephone companies, including the Kennebec Telephone Company, collectively own SDN and elect a board of directors each year to steer the company. SDN and its member companies have 14,000 miles of fiber optics in the state, making up South Dakota’s Information Superhighway. Member companies use SDN as a hub for long distance, Internet, and digital television. The Sioux Falls based company also provides business customers with: -Connectivity for voice, data, and video messages-Dedicated, high-speed Internet services
-Computer and networking equipment-Technology consulting -Cabling
SDN Communications has become the region’s most extensive network, serving banks, health care facilities, agricultural businesses, schools, government agencies and other businesses with multiple locations. Many single location businesses also use SDN for high-speed Internet access.Bowar joins eight others on the board.
- Booster Club hosts kick off
- Market features sunflower blooms and more
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre; DayTriathlon set for Saturday
- Pool season comes to an end
- Hoping for a favorable nod from the judge
- Reminiscing at school reunions
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain