PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Department of Transportation
officials announce the section of Interstate 90 between Wall and Chamberlain is now open.
Interstate 90 between Chamberlain and Mitchell remains closed and officials say it is unlikely to be reopened yet today based on the
Motorists who are traveling east are asked to stay where they are until crews are able to open I-90 completely.
The National Weather Service has said this storm will continue to intensify in eastern South Dakota and along the I-29 corridor bringing freezing rain, heavy snow, and gusty winds.
Travel conditions are anticipated to deteriorate in that area and No-Travel advisories and additional road closures may be necessary, especially during the overnight hours.
Snow-packed and icy roadways, along with blowing and drifting snow, continue to create dangerous driving conditions across much of the state and motorists are being asked to drive with extreme caution and travel only when necessary.
Travelers are encouraged to visit www.safetravelusa.com/sd or call 511 to check the latest road conditions and travel advisories.
- Running for the gold - Egg!
- Emergency fire sirens to be tested in Presho Thursday
- United Methodist holds Easter celebration
- "As seen on TV"
- Local Vet Supply business under new ownership
- Sobriety Checkpoints Planned
- Reliance Post Office house on chopping block
- Leprechauns descend upon Presho
- Lady Raiders bound for state
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame