NewsJune 20 2012
Flags adorned Kennebec Main Street Thursday, June 14 in honor of Flag Day, the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. And, in 1949, President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.
In Kennebec, American Legion member Jim Sundall and his wife Carol are normally in charge of displaying the flags but this year due to their absence, Charlie Bowar and his wife Gloria positioned the 17 flags along Main Street early Thursday morning. The flags used for the display are memorial flags donated back to the Legion.
- Lyman grads return for alumni
- Lyman grads return for reunion
- Railroad bridge work starts
- Lyman School reunion Saturday at clubhouse
- PHS alumni to meet Saturday
- 2015-2016 Lyman School Board
- New board members seated; Halverson elected chairwoman
- 4th of July sparkler art
- Dakota Mill makes request to purchase property along MRC line for expansion
- Scavenging through the county
- WCE Cooperative finishes up repairs after weekend storms