NewsJune 20 2012
Flags adorned Kennebec Main Street Thursday, June 14 in honor of Flag Day, the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. And, in 1949, President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.
In Kennebec, American Legion member Jim Sundall and his wife Carol are normally in charge of displaying the flags but this year due to their absence, Charlie Bowar and his wife Gloria positioned the 17 flags along Main Street early Thursday morning. The flags used for the display are memorial flags donated back to the Legion.
- Booster Club hosts kick off
- Market features sunflower blooms and more
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre; DayTriathlon set for Saturday
- Pool season comes to an end
- Hoping for a favorable nod from the judge
- Reminiscing at school reunions
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain