Sandy Mundlien of Kennebec was elected at the spring meeting of the Lyman Raider Booster Club to lead the organization for the 2012-13 school year. Other new officers include Tammy Cole, vice-president; Kimm Schweitzer, Secretary; Kathy Houchin, treasurer; and Travis and Penni Almond, the apparel team.
The club was established several years ago to raise awareness and support for the Lyman Raider athletic teams and other extra curricular organizations and activities Funds raised through the sale of Raider apparel, raffles, tailgate suppers, or other events help provide uniforms, shirts, equipment, travel, team camps or whatever the Lyman coaches feel would benefit the students.
A recent Booster Club newsletter assembled by Mundlien details the many activities and fund raisers the group held throughout the past school year, including;
•Sold Homecoming corsages,
•Provided water for volleyball away games,
•Gave prizes to the Fan of the Game,
•Operated the concession stand at all JV/MS football home games and track meets,
•Provided gas for the fan bus to the Region Volleyball game,
•Held a Homecoming dance for high school students,
•Decorated students’ lockers for all the various sports,
•Helped with expenses for 23 students to attend State Student Council Convention,
•Provided prizes for the after prom party,
•Served the end-of -the-year Lyman Awards banquet,
According to Sandy, she looks forward to another busy and successful school year next fall.
"We’re looking at hosting a couple of new fundraisers, something different next year," said Sandy.
Anyone interested in supporting Lyman students can become a Booster Club member. There are no membership fees or dues.
"We encourage parents with kids at all age levels, not just high school to get involved," said Sandy.
The club will kick off a new school year with a Back to School Picnic in the Park in August.
- Wheat Growers Kennebec facility groundbreaking set for October 15
- 1971 West Lyman football team inducted into Hall of Fame
- Presho woman gives state $10,000 for new rail line
- New art in Vivian
- Kennebec to expand, upgrade waterwaste system
- Wheat Growers Announces Kennebec Site for Grain/Agronomy Facility
- Raiders host Cross Country meet
- Committee to study possible restructuring of Lyman School
- Raider colors on parade
- Lutherans observe 100 years in Presho
- Rails to the Future Applauds Receipt of $13 Million TIGER Grant to Build Railroad to Presho
- Homecoming King and Queen Crowned