NewsMay 17 2012
PIERRE, S.D. –
Gov. Dennis Daugaard requests that all flags in the state be flown at half-staff on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 8 a.m. until sunset in honor of former U.S. Sen. Jim Abdnor.
Abdnor, who died Wednesday, was 89.
A World War II veteran, Abdnor was a four-term congressman before serving one term in the U.S. Senate and later heading the U.S. Small Business Administration for two years. He had earlier served six terms in the South Dakota Legislature and was Lieutenant Governor from 1968-1971.
A funeral service for Abdnor will be held Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. CDT at Lutheran Memorial Church, 320 East Prospect Avenue, Pierre.
- A colorful mountain of milo greets travelers
- Raiders win Class B Consolation trophy
- Raiders to play for 5th place
- Raiders return to state
- Lyman Raiders earn a return trip to STATE!
- Veterans Day Program
- Veterans day events
- New tower to start broadcast KPLO signal
- Volleyball District Play starts Tuesday at Kadoka
- New clinic opens in Kennebec