Honoring Our Brave Soldiers & Veterans
November 11th used to be known as Armistice Day – the date when WWI officially ended in 1918. But it wasn’t until after WWII that the name of the national holiday was changed to Veterans Day – and November 11th was set aside to commemorate the brave American men and women who fought in all of our nation’s wars. Members of the local American Legion Posts will hold special events Friday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day. Lyman School will present their annual Veterans Day program at 10 a.m. at the gym in Presho. Veterans are invited to attend and be honored at this public event. The Lyman students will present a short patriotic program. As part of the program, the colors will be posted by Legion members, some that have spent many years as a member of the Color Guard.
For more on the story, pick up a Nov. 9th issue of the Herald.
- A colorful mountain of milo greets travelers
- Raiders win Class B Consolation trophy
- Raiders to play for 5th place
- Raiders return to state
- Lyman Raiders earn a return trip to STATE!
- Veterans Day Program
- Veterans day events
- New tower to start broadcast KPLO signal
- Volleyball District Play starts Tuesday at Kadoka
- New clinic opens in Kennebec