Honoring Our Brave Soldiers & Veterans
November 11th used to be known as Armistice Day – the date when WWI officially ended in 1918. But it wasn’t until after WWII that the name of the national holiday was changed to Veterans Day – and November 11th was set aside to commemorate the brave American men and women who fought in all of our nation’s wars. Members of the local American Legion Posts will hold special events Friday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day. Lyman School will present their annual Veterans Day program at 10 a.m. at the gym in Presho. Veterans are invited to attend and be honored at this public event. The Lyman students will present a short patriotic program. As part of the program, the colors will be posted by Legion members, some that have spent many years as a member of the Color Guard.
For more on the story, pick up a Nov. 9th issue of the Herald.
- Scavenging through the county
- WCE Cooperative finishes up repairs after weekend storms
- High winds damage structures,
- North Central Farmers Elevator and South Dakota Wheat Growers Member-Owners Vote No on Unification
- Lyman School Board Election results
- Construction at new elevator site stays on schedule
- What's new at the museum
- Local Lions Club projects recognized
- Lyman reunion moves to Clubhouse
- Remebering those who gave all
- Presho HS reunion set