Honoring Our Brave Soldiers & Veterans
November 11th used to be known as Armistice Day – the date when WWI officially ended in 1918. But it wasn’t until after WWII that the name of the national holiday was changed to Veterans Day – and November 11th was set aside to commemorate the brave American men and women who fought in all of our nation’s wars. Members of the local American Legion Posts will hold special events Friday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day. Lyman School will present their annual Veterans Day program at 10 a.m. at the gym in Presho. Veterans are invited to attend and be honored at this public event. The Lyman students will present a short patriotic program. As part of the program, the colors will be posted by Legion members, some that have spent many years as a member of the Color Guard.
For more on the story, pick up a Nov. 9th issue of the Herald.
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab
- Vacancies open on city and town boards
- First year of Jr. Kindergarten program exceeds expectations
- Rails to the future
- Berg to retire from Reliance Post Office
- Weighing In
- A monster of a tournament